The Benefits of Commissioning
- Average payback is less than 4.2 years, faster than most other building investments.
- Whole building energy savings average is 13% and with energy costs continuing to climb this alone may justify commissioning.
- Median benefit to cost ratio is 1.1 which means that you get back more than the cost every time you commission a new building.
- Cash on cash returns are 23% and that's more than you'll find on any legal investment.
- Projects employing a comprehensive approach to commissioning attained nearly twice the overall median level of savings, and five-times the savings of projects with a constrained approach.