What is Cx?
Historically, the term "commissioning" referred to the process that ensured a ship was seaworthy and ready for service. In later years, the term migrated to land and was commonly used in construction and engineering to refer to the process of testing and balancing the HVAC systems of a building, according to established standards, before acceptance by the building owner.
Commissioning is a Quality-Assurance Process that:
- Achieves an owner's defined objectives and criteria
- Ensures that a building's complex range of systems is designed, installed, and tested to the owner's intent and operational needs
- Communicates all expectations and objectives during planning, design, construction and occupancy phases with a global, independent perspective
- Formalizes reviews and tests results, with comprehensive schedules, functional performance testing, and accurate documentation
- Manages risks by the early detection of issues or deficiencies in design and installation, through document reviews and field verification
- Enhances energy efficiency, indoor air quality, and occupant safety
- Provides tools to ensure sustainability, including tailored operating manuals and training for facility employees
- Maximizes a building's long-term performance by providing maintenance plans and continued commissioning
The TMCx Commissioning Process Includes:
- Design reviews
- Detailed checklists for equipment and procedures
- Pre-functional and functional performance tests
- O&M training for facility staff
- Thorough documentation every step of the way!
We understand the integrated nature of building systems. It's our job to evaluate these systems' impact on your building. You get better sustainability, higher productivity, increased safety and security.
TMCx Solutions is an independent engineering firm exclusively dedicated to comprehensive building commissioning and related consulting services. You'll find us on the job site as an integral part of your team. When we're finished with your project, it is DONE done - optimized, fine-tuned to your intent, and ready to service your tenants!